Understanding how to analyze your own smile can help you communicate your goals to our dental team. Come on in and meet our team. Let us help you achieve your best smile!
Teeth Whitening (Bleaching)
Teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic procedure in dentistry today. If done properly, it is safe and effective, but like many other things problems can occur when proper care is not taken.
Tooth whitening is affected by 4 factors.
- The concentration of the bleach
- The time the bleach is in contact with the tooth.
- The nature of the stain molecule.
- The permeability of the tooth enamel.
Understanding these factors help us to determine the best way to whiten your teeth and help you to achieve your best results.
What can you expect from bleaching your teeth?
- Whiter teeth!
- Temporary sensitivity in some individuals. (Sorry, just being truthful)
- Noticeable results quickly, but the process will continue for 2 – 3 weeks.
At Trovato Family Laser Dentistry, we offer 3 different levels of teeth whitening, because not everyone has the same whitening needs.
- Take Home Kit – These are similar to some of the various bleaching kits you can purchase at a local pharmacy or supermarket, except it is scrutinized by Dr. Trovato to be safe. It is inexpensive and can be effective in a number of situations.
- Custom Bleaching Kit – While a little more expensive, this is a very effective means of teeth whitening and can achieve dramatic results. This system uses custom fitted bleaching trays, and high-quality bleaching gels.
- Flash WhiteTM Power Bleaching – This is a bleaching system developed by Dr. Trovato. It involves in-office and take-home techniques and products to give you the highest level of whitening achievable in our practice. The Flash WhiteTM system can deliver results not possible with other methods. It is not necessary for the majority of patients, but offers patients with dark discolored teeth the possibility of having a beautiful white smile.
If you feel you need your teeth whitened, call us, we can explore that together. We can help you choose the bleaching process best suited to your needs. Before doing any bleaching process, seek the advice of a dental professional. This will help you avoid doing damage to your teeth and gums, or getting disappointing results.